Chapter 13 (William and Tollett, 2007) demonstrates ways to make your brochure stand out. Since the document provide lots of texts, designers must entice readers by taking risks in design and including white space to break up the text. Risk in design is achieved by creating contrast. This includes contrast between headings and text, fonts, image size, incorporating bold rules, and color. Creating white space on a page filled with text is challenge, but experimenting with alignment can help, as well as eliminating superfluous elements such as large page numbers. In the pamphlet, more detailed information about Oriental East Restaurant has been used. I used font “Garamond” for the body text, “Eurostile” typeface for the address to keep the same style as the Business card. I tried to continue the color theme I established with my Business Card. The image I chose was supposed to welcome people to have a try in the restaurant. I made a dumpling recipe for fun in the brochure. On the last page, it’s important to have a direction and a map.

No comments:
Post a Comment